Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 28-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
Spiky Spoon
Head Gardener

Spiky Spoon is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzy View Post
Other tweaks:

Shorten the 72 ticks it takes for NAPs. Very minor I understand. But 72 is excessive. I think 2-3 hours would be sufficient to stop any abuse while allowing some degree of protection.
Ahh. Good idea that one. Where did you get it from?

I like the idea of more bots, and giving them a wider variety of routes. I know it's probably random or something, but this round there seems to be only a few route choices.

i like the WW and WK idea too
Spiky Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
Chris'o
Harvester

Chris'o is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone is complaining about how the casual alliances are gonna get raped by FTW allys with half the alliance size. Now can you please explain to me how they are supposed to rape the sh#t out of FTF allys with only 10 players???

You people saying that dont realise that it will become dam hard for FTW allys to win...Hence making it more pleasurable and easier for FTF players. and to add to this resistances will be a LOT easier to pull off! packing the round with more excitement.

Also people that hate rushing units are p#ssies
Chris'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #18
edd
Tree Surgeon

edd has travelled far down Repute Roadedd has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzy View Post
On unit tweaks:

Shield Androids to only target ALL (as opposed to LET/ALL). They're not as good at being LET flak as they should be, but by changing them to target ALL they become slightly more useful sweepers in the early game, making them a more versatile unit.
Targetting ALL increases the sweeping capability by a negligible amount because they are so poor in HD/AD as well as the fact that most people use hippies or w/e ALL flak when required.

Thanks max, i had seen that thread before but i had forgotten about it. It would be a good thing to put in i think but it would probably be hard to code from scratch.

Waves in defence,
Waves in attack,
We're fighting on The Boat!

Last edited by edd; 28-03-2013 at 01:49 PM.
edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Note - Any posts not either submitting a suggestion, or responding to the suggestions of others, will be removed. We have quite a task to get some suggestions on the table and hammer out some agreement - Anything not contributing to this end will be removed.

Some interesting suggestions so far - Please make sure that as well as submitting your own ideas that you comment on the input of others. (Constructively, where possible).

Taking the lead, discussion wise, so far:

Alliance sizes
Round length
More bots
Minor unit balancing changes

-

Also, from the last round of suggestions:

Minor changes (Cosmetic niceties/features) (Collated by Webvictim)

Give top 10/25/50 solos a rank on the portal - http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4897

Add "Name does not contain" to search form - http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3495

Make ID tooltips more universally available across the whole game - http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743

Add titles to ID history - http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4432

Add an option to filter mails from Alliance HQs when browsing messages - http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5745

Prevent users from messaging a user on their ignore list (with timeout) - http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5704

Add confirmation before deleting threads in politics - http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5699

Last edited by Dark_Angel; 28-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Dark_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Making alliances smaller I do not agree with. There are so many reasons which I've pointed out in other threads that I can't be bothered doing it again. And I think these days those reasons are even more relevant.

Making the round shorter makes a lot of sense. How often have we sat here 40 days into the round thinking "christ I wish this was over already".
Old 28-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #21
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

Make titles visible in tooltips

more and better bots

more and better mods

give someone active 'admin' status so he can deal with multis and such
Old 28-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
Chris'o
Harvester

Chris'o is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
Make titles visible in tooltips

more and better bots

more and better mods

All of what he said plox!
Chris'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
MattM
IRC Operator
Tree Surgeon

MattM has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to MattM

I very much like the idea of titles in ID histories.
Old 28-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #24
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

hell no to the solos getting anything. the multi abusers have erased any sympathy i have for solos. as for the rest, there isn't a solo in this round that won't arrange a mutual attack for AR triggering, troop trading or acres swaps for AR.

in short, **** solos.

10 man alliances is too damn small. if it was a choice between 20 and 10 - it'd be 20. However, there's not an alliance in existence since the start of the game that couldn't have shed 5 members because they either became inactive or were just a place holder due to having friends bring them in. 15 is the magic number.

if harrier as a route won't be removed, then yes, increase the eta. showing up as eta 2 (sent from the end of previous tick) with as much force as they hit with is not balance. just because some people can't wait more than 2 ticks for their attack doesn't mean that this unit is good for the game.

werewolves, gaz, are balanced. it's the route as a whole that is not and actually has no freaking purpose. 'oh hi, i'm here to kill SA, but because vamps and SA fire at the same time, i can't actually attack them.' remove the route. the route is weaksauce, especially with the insurance bug vampires have. remove mummies if the route isn't being removed.

crazed droids. whoever recommended crazed droids to be changed to what they are now, should be shot. they cost more than shields. live less than shields. barely kill more than shields. they used to cost the same as a PA and at least kill flak more effectively than motons and was really good at killing mass tractors. (not that anyone does tractors anymore since everyone is noob and goes cg or harrier)

discworld did fine defending against cg. only a couple times did cg get through. cg's are fine where they are.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #25
Hamilton
Tree Surgeon

Hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes!! Someone to be given the ability to remove multi's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij89w...&feature=share
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

'Tiger' has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Cant agree with this more. This should be made number 1 priority.
'Tiger' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #27
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Cant agree with this more. This should be made number 1 priority.
bam.
Old 28-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitar View Post
cant agree with this more. This should be made number 1 priority.
bam.
bambam+

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #29
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

alwaysnumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Remove 8hr sleep mode.
bots gang up on top alliance from time to time.
make all lets at least eta4
get some mods to enforce the most basic of rules even if their only power is to put people into sleep mode.
Bounty for alliance defends.
alwaysnumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #30
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnumb View Post
Bounty for alliance defends.
no.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions