Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > General > Computers and Games

Old 18-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #316
antisback
Head Gardener

antisback is starting to catch people's eyesantisback is starting to catch people's eyes

Attacking with walls, it's like a tailor made DA strategy.
antisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #317
MattM
IRC Operator
Tree Surgeon

MattM has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to MattM

Hmmm. I can't find the recorded game file, even though I recall DA selecting it.

Ah well- in very brief summary, Dachi beat a quite drunk Martin in the south-west. I believe Martin was the Indians, but I can't be sure. MattM harried CF's main gold mine in the east in the early Castle Age, using the Goths excellent rushing capabilities. antisback, sandwiched between MattM and Dachi on the oasis leant his Incan support both ways, slingers to Dachi and spearmen and Eagle Warriors to MattM.

Despite some support from DA reaching Martin's base. Dachi made very good in-roads on the camp. Both players had established a sound economy, with Dachi perhaps gaining the upper hand. Dachi used a feint with his archers to draw Martin away from his castle and launched an assault on his king. This was successful, perhaps with Martin's inebriation adding to the general ruse.

MattM managed to set up a castle and some military buildings close to CF's base to prevent him from accessing his main gold supply. CF was forced back and suffered economically. DA sent a large chunk of troops to help CF out, but antisback stepped into the fray as MattM's first and second rushes were beaten back. CF had built some expensive Teutonic Knights, which sapped his already low gold supply. These were effective against MattM's infantry, but suffered from fire from the castles MattM had built and the scorpions in reserve. DA's cavalry were beaten back by the Incan spearmen of antisback (which fight in rank and have a very short ranged fire- awesome). Eventually, with Dachi closing from the west, DA and CF were driven back. In a short end-game, DA resigned shortly after CF's king was killed by ant's troops after MattM had taken out CF's castles with some trebuchets.

Chris_ was just getting to grips with the game, and didn't really get a significant army to aid either front for Martin's team. He did build a completely awesome wonder though, so moral victory.

Sorry about the brevity, I can't really remember much else- was banking on the record game file...

Last edited by MattM; 19-03-2013 at 10:08 AM.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #318
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

'Tiger' has travelled far down Repute Road

I thouroughly enjoy reading this accounts of the different games which have taken place.

I am looking for a PC Tower (Cheapy one) to plug in the back of my TV so I can play this with you guys, as my laptop is buggered.

I supposed AOE2 is cheap now on PC, and Im sure I can find a cheap PC Tower somewhere. Give me time and I will join Chris_ with becoming the AOE n00b.
'Tiger' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #319
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
I thouroughly enjoy reading this accounts of the different games which have taken place.

I am looking for a PC Tower (Cheapy one) to plug in the back of my TV so I can play this with you guys, as my laptop is buggered.

I supposed AOE2 is cheap now on PC, and Im sure I can find a cheap PC Tower somewhere. Give me time and I will join Chris_ with becoming the AOE n00b.
You can get a super-spec one for 220 with free delivery.
Old 19-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #320
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

Or I just get a normal one for AoE? Il be using everything else on my laptop as normal, but AoE will get special treatment. Id rather not fill up my laptop anymore.
Old 19-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #321
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

Since I got HOI 3 for Alci and played it once...waste!

/stares at alci!
Old 19-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #322
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Since I got HOI 3 for Alci and played it once...waste!

/stares at alci!
I did say it had a learning curve like mount everest, but it's fundamentally the most rewarding game ever made.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #323
Chris_
Head Gardener

Chris_ has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
Hmmm. I can't find the recorded game file, even though I recall DA selecting it.

Ah well- in very brief summary, Dachi beat a quite drunk Martin in the south-west. I believe Martin was the Indians, but I can't be sure. MattM harried CF's main gold mine in the east in the early Castle Age, using the Goths excellent rushing capabilities. antisback, sandwiched between MattM and Dachi on the oasis leant his Incan support both ways, slingers to Dachi and spearmen and Eagle Warriors to MattM.

Despite some support from DA reaching Martin's base. Dachi made very good in-roads on the camp. Both players had established a sound economy, with Dachi perhaps gaining the upper hand. Dachi used a feint with his archers to draw Martin away from his castle and launched an assault on his king. This was successful, perhaps with Martin's inebriation adding to the general ruse.

MattM managed to set up a castle and some military buildings close to CF's base to prevent him from accessing his main gold supply. CF was forced back and suffered economically. DA sent a large chunk of troops to help CF out, but antisback stepped into the fray as MattM's first and second rushes were beaten back. CF had built some expensive Teutonic Knights, which sapped his already low gold supply. These were effective against MattM's infantry, but suffered from fire from the castles MattM had built and the scorpions in reserve. DA's cavalry were beaten back by the Incan spearmen of antisback (which fight in rank and have a very short ranged fire- awesome). Eventually, with Dachi closing from the west, DA and CF were driven back. In a short end-game, DA resigned shortly after CF's king was killed by ant's troops after MattM had taken out CF's castles with some trebuchets.

Chris_ was just getting to grips with the game, and didn't really get a significant army to aid either front for Martin's team. He did build a completely awesome wonder though, so moral victory.

Sorry about the brevity, I can't really remember much else- was banking on the record game file...
Wonder FTW!

It looked pretty how could i resist

DAT EFF

[19:22] <@Rinzler> where are your nevrves
[19:22] <@Rinzler> of steal
Chris_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #324
MattM
IRC Operator
Tree Surgeon

Game later, perhaps?
Old 21-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #325
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer

No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi

I'd like that.
Old 21-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #326
Martin
Super Moderator
Garden Designer

Martin has travelled far down Repute RoadMartin has travelled far down Repute Road

Yeah, the later it gets, the more drunk I'll be...
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #327
MattM
IRC Operator
Tree Surgeon

Martin + antisback + MattM vs 2 Standard AI - easy win.
Martin + antisback + MattM vs 1 Hard AI - huge failure.
Old 23-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #328
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
Martin + antisback + MattM vs 2 Standard AI - easy win.
Martin + antisback + MattM vs 1 Hard AI - huge failure.
We should try 4 of us vs a hard AI.

I'm on tonight from 9.30~ish
Old 23-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #329
Twigley
Hydroponics Developer

Twigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyes

Me and Fran played over Lan.

Twigley + Fran v 2 HARDEST COMPUTER. Easy wins both times. Beat Hard loads too. Walked through 5 AIs alone
Twigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #330
antisback
Head Gardener

antisback is starting to catch people's eyesantisback is starting to catch people's eyes

We're talking about the forgotten empires AI which is ALOT harder
antisback is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > General > Computers and Games