Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions

Old 24-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #61
Twigley
Hydroponics Developer

Twigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriergirl View Post
Best Leader - JJ and Changer for keeping it together even with a 3rd partner was being uncooperative. You accomplished your missions however much we whined about it. good job.
Changer didn't lead?
And he wasn't even in TBA when we where having disagreements?

._ .
Twigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #62
IceOfFire
Garden Designer

IceOfFire has started the journey down Repute Road

Now im actually going to try my best to be unbiased. If i vote for someone in my alliance, i will also vote for someone outside the alliance in the act of fairness - Which should soooo be a rule on here!!

Alliance of the round:
Inimical - Rank 1 arn't they?
WH - Just impressive

Best Offensive Alliance:
None

Best Defensive Alliance:
War?Huh?
Chance had their moments, but WH easily the better

Honourable Mention Alliance:
Affliction, don't know much about them but did ok.

Worst Alliance:
Ethereal/Royal Flush
TDL/TDT
Inimical/SG/Overlude

Try and guess what they all had in common. Don't flame on here with the argument "TBA did it, so we did it". You did wings/powerblocked. You all suck

Best Leader:
No one, although Polo rocked with his "No seed whoring" etc.

Worst Leader:
Twigley - Your initial idea for TBA - MASSIVE bender!
Myself - As my alliance will know, parts of the round i was non existent. I didn't care and just gave up. (In fairness was only for bits here and there) But not a good leader

Player of the Round - Allied:
Beej - New player...i think. Active/contactable. First round with Dragons and PWNED!
Ahead - Bloody hell, this boy rocked with vamps! And his zombies at the start of round were amazing!!! haha

Now someone out of my alliance:
Silence (he did leave me technically) - The guy is like rank 2 eff and BH. Active and pwned in defence/rushes. Congrats buddy

Player of the Round - Solo:
There were solos?

Best Offensive Player:
Not Wouter thats for sure! Ermmm prob Silence again...Oh and Cervantes!!

Best Defensive Player:
Zigzag as per usual! This guy is sooooo under rated! Always online and around.
Howl also pwned!

And all of WH pwned lol

Honourable Mention Player:
Howl, at first i didn't like her. She never stole land, was constantly on her period and moaning! But 2nd half of round, she was soooooo active, so contactable and god she attacked well!

She had 30k for a week at rank 80 and didnt get inc...strange lol

Worst Player:
JubJub - Arrogant ****. Can't wait for our public ID game next round (Will be RPG NubNub, just to help you *try* and kill me)
Wouter - Left Ogluk to gain portal. Ogluk is a great guy and you just wanted to be a ScoreQueen - **** at attacking and errr...What happened to "I'm gonna take Chance out". I think you have stayed on us like 3 times...smashed us alright!
Twigs - Purely on his land...lazy!

Best Moment of Round:
Easy...The end.
Altho as much as we all moaned, killing TBA naabs in defence was FUN!!

Forgot one thing. The funniest/best part of the whole round is those in SG/Overlude who think they have won the round. Wrong, Inimical won it. Everyone after that is the first and second losers! haha Always cheers me up when i see "We won"...Well techincally you didnt!

Worst Moment of Round:
Easy...TBA

Just for Silence:
22:06 Silence thanks =P
22:07 Silence Did you like my post in the round 30 awards?
22:18 Tom` the DA award is so true
22:20 IceOfire i did silence
22:20 IceOfire silence i just posted mine
22:21 IceOfire I think i've been fair
22:21 Silence DA award ftw
22:22 Silence IceOfire
22:22 Silence You should really put that I RPG bounty hunted =P
22:23 IceOfire naaa
22:23 IceOfire dont like u that much
22:23 Silence rofl
22:23 IceOfire sorry
22:23 IceOfire but thats going in funny quotes
R4:SoloR5:GITKR6:TandyUKR7:FTBR8:FTB/Blaze R9:BloodAngelsR10:Rizla/TKR11:SoloR12:ElmosHitSquad R13:SoloR14:Anarchy/IndecisionR15:Apathy/SalvationR16:Confusion/SoloR17:DarkSlayers/WW/SymbolismR18:Orgasm/Fenrir R19:AtaxiR20:GITK-CerberusR21:DiabolicR22:CRR23:Geno-LeadR24:Panoply/No_CreditsR25:Pest-LeadR26:JizzR27:Blackbriar-Co-LeadR28:ToxoR29:KHaoS-CoLead R30:Chance-LeadR31:RRR/Old FartsR32:SnSR33:NOMW-Leader R34:WC-CoLeadR35:ARMod-CoLeadR36:Hist/Comeup-LeaderR37:Solo/UnknownRebelsR38:Solo

Last edited by IceOfFire; 24-04-2009 at 09:37 PM.
IceOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #63
harriergirl
Garden Designer

harriergirl is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
Quote:
Best Leader - JJ and Changer for keeping it together even with a 3rd partner was being uncooperative. You accomplished your missions however much we whined about it. good job.
Changer didn't lead?

._ .

after rereading my logs I can see that it's not clear who the 4th person is that's scolding you for pouting and not talking. It might not have been changer, my bad
Old 24-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #64
lavadog
Harvester

lavadog is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to lavadog Send a message via MSN to lavadog

Alliance of the round - Have to go with inimical and WH here. If TDL had put in the same effort all round, they'd probably take this, cuz they had quite an impressive run over the last few weeks.

Best Offensive Alliance - anyone for rushing tba really, gutsy, but always fun to watch

Best Defensive Alliance - WH , no question

Honourable Mention Alliance - Affliction Might seem weird coming from someone in Men At Work, but I gotta say, the healthy rivalry was well worth the losses Also good work on resisting a lot of the bottomfeeding from tba and the subtop alli's.

Worst Alliance - any alli that encourages score queening or cheats his way to the "top" (Hi Evo :w).

Best Leader - this is an akward award imo, since you can only really judge your own leader a lot of the times. If I had to say anyone, I'd have to say twigs for taking a lot of crap and ogluk (you're leading right? if not, then this should be whoever led TDl ) for making TDL bounce back.

Worst Leader - I pass on this one

Player of the Round - Allied - I'm gonna give this to liz/lylow from my own alli. Was probably on for 12 hours every damn day Her vamps saved our sleeping asses a lot of times also everyone at men at work for making this another great round I really wished I could be there next round, but exams are a pain in the ass

Player of the Round - Solo - Ransacker, he probably killed more players in one round then most players in their whole bush career ;D

Best Offensive Player - Silence/bigboss, for wiping me several times. I was always happy when my marines flakked some of my apaches/strikers, so I could at least make a dent front tick when these guys attacked me Irritated me lots, always a good sign for an attacker

Best Defensive Player - Liz/lylow for the same reason as player of the round.

Honourable Mention Player - tampon/grant. Restarting in the middle of the round, and almost reaching top ten in bounty hunting and serial killer. Impressive.

Worst Player - DaX. This one is not based on ingame skill, but more so on being annoying as hell. Nobody cares about your flaming messages and the though talk they contain. Play the game like a man instead of bugging people "who dare to attack you" or "who dare to defend against your 1337 shield army and tactical genius". I don't think you're a bad player, you just have a crap attitude.

Best Moments of Round
- Killing off NG
- The 1 mill plus eff BR's
- Killing score queens
- Seeing people hit sleep when they're alli is being massed Shouldv'e gone solo
- Defending against Affliction, good battles guys
-Playign in a great alli

Worst moments of the round
- Being in the starting SG line-up and getting booted for missing the opening weekend (<3)
- Losing 5 mil strikers (I had 6 I think at the the time) to sas because I set my alarm to the wrong tick :/
- The weeks we were massed by NG (mostly) and Affliction (occasionally)
- Experiencing what happens to lower top ten allis when there's a powerblock. You're actions did really have an impact on most of the playerbase, however much some of you deny it. However, I won't whine here, I'm not really a sore loser (well, not playing ftw helps there )
lavadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #65
marvin
Head Gardener

marvin is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to marvin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Changer didn't lead?

._ .

after rereading my logs I can see that it's not clear who the 4th person is that's scolding you for pouting and not talking. It might not have been changer, my bad
Seetal was '2nd in command' but Changer did do alot and helped keep it together early on when JJ wasn't around... which was most of the time

R13 onwards (except R24, R25, R26, R34, R36, R37, R39 and R42-R49)

R30: Ithyphallophobia [7264] - Inimical (TBA)
R40: Elle and Ogluk sitting in a tree [9265] (Del) - TBA
R50: I still have ithyphallophobia [6832] (Del)/Incognito [4077] - TBA Discworld

Quote:
Not as bad as Marvin being rejected from discworld when he was rank 5 with like 150m strikers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSneker View Post
When you get f*cked by both Twigley and the system, there is no fun anymore.
marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #66
Spiky Spoon
Head Gardener

Spiky Spoon is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavadog View Post

Player of the Round - Allied - I'm gonna give this to liz/lylow from my own alli. Was probably on for 12 hours every damn day Her vamps saved our sleeping asses a lot of times also everyone at men at work for making this another great round I really wished I could be there next round, but exams are a pain in the ass

Best Defensive Player - Liz/lylow for the same reason as player of the round.

I can't say how much i agree with you there. she was such a pain on my attacks. lol =P
Spiky Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #67
Scorpio
Harvester

Scorpio is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Scorpio Send a message via Skype™ to Scorpio

I must say that I missed a month in the round and wasn't involved in most of the in-game politics etc

Alliance of the round: I'm just going to say Inim cos they won...

Best Offensive Alliance: This was one of the most inactive rounds I've ever seen. Every alliance played with ups & downs and on the subject of attacking no alliance really stood out..

Best Defensive Alliance: War?Huh? In the given situation of the power block vs WH, they defended very well before I joined them, and still are doing a nice job in the last days / weeks

Honourable Mention Alliance: WH for the same reasons above

Worst Alliance: Evo

Best Leader: There have been much better examples of leadership in the past, so no award given here.

Worst Leader: Twigley & Steve_God (or whoever is leading SG ). In a game where there are no official alliance NAPs, they still manage to finish #2 and #3. You guys didn't win this round, end of story

Player of the Round - Allied: Hmmm. Hard one... I'd say Alci for being sexy (Nah, it's been a long time since I played with him and playing alongside him this round made me realise he really became a much better player than before.

Player of the Round - Solo: Ransacker, nice killing there...

Best Offensive Player: Purely because of the bribing: Silence
Despite our differences we had a bit earlier this round, I'm still impressed... You did some good bribez0rs there, in a relatively short period. Nice

Best Defensive Player: Pff No idea... Most WH-members ruled

Honourable Mention Player: No clue

Worst Player: Every RPG who had to get owned 1000 times before they realized their activity / ratio's sucked

Best Moment of Round: When TBA wasn't so big and most were easily pwn-able

Worst Moment of Round: When we all get 0'd in WH, but 't was a kind of funny moment as well
Old 26-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #68
Tombi
Harvester

Tombi is an unknown quantity at this point

new award:

Best Alliance Banner

Without a doubt
Tombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #69
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Sigh. I always hate reading this thread, yet I always feel obliged to post in it. I've only played the last couple of weeks, and fairly inactively at that, so I'll just comment on what I've witnessed since starting.

Best alliance: Inimical. They won. They may have powerblocked, seedwhored, etc. but they will go down as the winners of this round. How they did it doesn't really matter.

Worst alliances: SG and Overlude for not even fighting for rank 1. I know you're part of TBA and you all see yourselves as winners, but the fact is that you are 2nd and 3rd, not 1st. So when you're all patting each other on the back over what an awesome job you've done, hopefully you'll realise that all you did was give Inimical a free win. Also Ka-Tet for sending really annoying messages ingame. Silly nuubjes.

Best defensive alliance: Apparently it is WH. I've got no first hand experience on this so I'll just take everyone's word for it. Most of the alliances I've attacked since starting have been pretty awful.

Best attacking alliance: No idea. Seems that most alliances can't be bothered attacking this round.

Honourable mention alliance: EventHorizon. Thanks to MattM for taking me in when I had no techs, no land, no troops. It's been really fun playing with you guys and I'm glad I didn't go to WH. Would've been too much hard work

Best player: Fer for sheer comedy value. Suiciding your troops on SAS with 4 days to go was hilarious. Also MattM for exactly the same reason.

Worst player: That guy that hits me the second I come out of sleep mode the same time every day and gets defended against every time and recalls, yet continues to do the same thing. WHY?

Best moments of the round: Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentation of their women. And MattM suiciding on SAS. And general EH shenanigans. Fun times were had by all.

Worst moment of the round: When I realised I had started logging in regularly and doing techs and ****. That was my darkest hour.
Old 26-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #70
Garrett
Landscape Designer

Garrett has started the journey down Repute Road

Best and Most Appropriate usage of a Conan the Barbarian Quote used in this thread: Tobapopalos

Conan was once asked what is best in life:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentation of their women.
Old 27-04-2009, 04:52 AM   #71
TheNamelessWonder
Head Gardener

TheNamelessWonder is more than a nobody... but not by much

Edit to my post:

Allied Player of the Round - Enrico

One of the only people in Discworld to keep trying all round.

Love ya.

Oh, and Discworld for the win.
TheNamelessWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #72
pinpower
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

pinpower has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to pinpower

Alliance of the round
TDL - Stayed pretty high all through the round, jumped up surprisingly high at times (held rank 4 for a while in the last couple of weeks iirc?) and haven't *****ed or moaned as much as half the other players out there.

Best Offensive Alliance
I know it sucks to say your own alliance but i havnt really seen much of other allies.
SG - I know we had it easier than others for most of the round, but our guys really pulled their finger out and attacked hard and well for weeks to get so much land. We were 50k acres behind lude and a fair amount of score not to long ago and through their efforts we overtook them. Well done guys.

Honourable mention also goes to the main Resistance force (im assuming WH/Chance) early on, I believe Cyrus organised the first couple of waves with Martin helping out as well. They were some very well co-ordinated attacks that really left us on the ropes for a bit. Well played!

Best Defensive Alliance
WH - Was basically impossible to land/even stay on them unless you had a good 7+ people attacking for a large proportion of the round. And they kicked our asses on a fair few defences anyway. Kept it up pretty much all round as well which was an achievement.

Honourable Mention Alliance
TDL again. For the reasons mentioned above.

Worst Alliance
Evolution - For cheating in what ever way they did.
Half of WH - For moaning ALL round at that whole "School of Bush" which was just low...

Best Leader
Ogluk - For not taking the game to seriously, and keeping spirits high all round. This guys a legend!

Worst Leader
Dont really have one. Steve_God was pretty useless () all round, he managed to be an SA player who was successfully SA rushed for over a week cos he was to lazy to buy the Punit. lol. If it wasnt for me and DA we'd have fallen apart.

Player of the Round - Allied
LAFiN - Our solid night cover for most of the round, always up for a laugh...doesnt take things to seriously...and always willing to get my up in the night

Player of the Round - Solo
Couldnt say tbh, havnt been paying to much attention

Best Offensive Player
Joosep - He joined SG with 8k acres (iirc) late in the round and stole up to 20k in just over a day. Then kept going til he had more land than half the alliance. Shame he disapeared

As much as it pains me to say (as he may find it hard to fit through doors ) Silence - He's just damn good at attacking, Im still jelous of the last SG round where you land whored your way to beating me by 2 ranks!!! hehe!

Best Defensive Player
Most of WH tbh.

Honourable Mention Player
Wouter - Stolen alot of land very quickly, and done really well considering he started so late. Always up for a laugh as well!

Worst Player
Pass...its not a nice one anyway...

Best Moment of Round
Being with the best group of players ive had the pleasure of playing with.

Kinda bad but hilarious: Refreshing to find JJB had stupidly left an application into Chance, been accepted then kick raped and had insane amounts of inc. Hats off to whoever in chance was behind that.
And then when we did it to one of Chances guys later in the round! Revenge is sweet!

Worst Moment of Round
Twigleys 6 hr shower halfway through an important discussion between the leaders...Was hilarious and bad at the same time!!! lol

All the moaning thats been going on all round...Its a game people!!!

Note: We love Steve really!

GILF Hunter For Life!
http://pin-power.blogspot.com/
pinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #73
flameharvester
Head Gardener

flameharvester has started the journey down Repute Road
Default My round 30 awards

Alliance of the round:
This award is Inimicals, lets face it powerblock or no powerblock they won but they get share it with W!H? and chance as they both did well to maintain their high positions and to survive massive incoming.

Offensive alliance: None I saw TDL do well and warhuh had some good masses on us.

Defensive alliance: Have to be Warhuh and affliction (yes i know its cliched to nominate yourself), due to the fact that warhuh often survived waves from TBA and we were able to do the same with warhuh (see below).

Honourable mention alliance: would have to be TDL, they had many troubles throughout the round but they still fought us for that 6th place spot all round!

Best leader: Polo and IOF. the day we organised the resistance together i saw them do brilliantly.

Worst leader: This has to go to Blackwolf, This man drove people out of his alliance by annoying them. all round affliction kept them up in the ranks we gave them support and helped them get land yet he constantly destroyed his own alliance.

Best player:
Allied:
Defensive: Would have to have been cutter, not for any great feat or sheer skill but due to him being uncontactable yet always getting on at the last second to send away he rarely died despite been one of our tastier targets.

Offensive: Tana for some brilliant use of here Vampires, 5-6 of warhuh were hitting us and we stopped them all but she managed to get through to convert on a guy first tick (then stupidly stayed for mid tick and died!) .

Solo:
Defensive: Didnt see any solos doing particularly well this round.
Offensive: Again some people did well as solos but nothing worthy of an award was seen by me.

Player of the round: Im gonna give this one to bruce and spike for reasons that they know but ill keep personal here.

Best moment of the round:
There was a few most of which consist of logs:
<1>(During resistance.)
<flamey> mmm my guys only sent half our lets
<polo> *******
<flamey> well we still have inc from chance maw and tdl and we needed to keep men home besides you would call cease fire during the fighting so BAH!
(*note that is not the actual log as i foolishly lost it but it should be basically right )

<2>
mail we recieved from SG and along lines similar to others we recieved throughout the round and also on irc.
Private Sent by: XXX XXX Reply Forward
Subject:
Damn thought you guys were War huh for a second there with mass defence like that nice work.

<3>
fighting 3 of warhuhs biggest 2 days before round ends:

Stunned: 3,122,279 [162,559,785,500] enemies stunned. 8,420,509 [426,687,597,500] friendlies stunned.
Died: 224,860,737 [2,670,703,683,000] enemies dead. 449,425,553 [7,811,719,776,600] friendlies dead.
Bribed: 10,969,183 [324,973,817,500] friendlies bribed.
Converted: 11,481,432 [183,702,912,000] friendlies converted.

You gained 753,677 effectiveness.
You will soon be receiving 414,628,927,300 insurance.

We had fun and thats all that really matters plus they were great guys about the whole experience.

<4>
waking up to see 18 people from a bigger alliance sending at us and with the clever use of fakes and getting everyone online we didnt lose a single acre or man the 2 fights they stayed at they all died before they fired
flameharvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #74
harriergirl
Garden Designer

harriergirl is more than a nobody... but not by much

You charming *******, you got me on irc and distracted me. I completely forgot to recall
Old 29-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #75
Younge
Planter

Younge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Younge Send a message via Yahoo to Younge

Alliance of the round
Chance - They made this round fun. Deserves best alliance in my opinion.

Worst Alliance
Discworld... Sorry guys... But I've never really seen a lineup like you had do so poorly.. i really wanted it to work.

Player of the Round - Allied
Howl - My god. Have i ever seen someone get that much land and loose it just to regain it again over night. Really was amazing to log on after a few hours sleep to see her with that much land again!

Best Offensive Player
Howl - Same as above.

Best Defensive Player
N/A

Honourable Mention Player
Cyrus - When i phoned him to get him online he had a talked with me for about 20+ minutes having a laugh and a giggle and just making it fun to get someone online. When he was playing he was active and contactable a pleasure to play with.

Worst Player
N/A

Best Moment of Round
IRC
[06:20] <@Don> anyone who complains... at ALL ... about taking lossses... no matter what the circumstances are... can .. well.. blow me. tbh.
[06:20] <Younge> *strokes Dons head*
[06:20] <Younge> No wonder you and ice of fire are so dam close! he gets to blow you all the time!
[06:20] <@hero> LOL
[06:20] <@Don> and i'll back that up 100% .... go back 20 rounds and fine me one instance I have ever complained about being killed or landraped the night before... shrug
[06:21] <Younge> Which bit you backing up? the bit about him blowing you or

Worst Moment of Round
Being pranked to late and still coming on to find out you see a lot of red and zeros

Last edited by Younge; 29-04-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Younge is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions