Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions

Old 06-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines
Arrow Staff Recruitment Fallout

I've talked to a couple of people who've been rejected in their quest to become members of the bushtarion staff. We've all received a rather pro forma cookie cutter email which apart from detailing whether or not we were accepted doesn't give anything approaching a reason.

Are there follow up emails in the works to explain why we were rejected? At least a word or two of reasoning would be nice. Either an email or a private chat explaining why quickly would suffice. Thanks Azzer!

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Satureum
Pruner

Satureum is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Satureum Send a message via MSN to Satureum Send a message via Yahoo to Satureum Send a message via Skype™ to Satureum

What about those of us with no reply as of yet? Not quite sure how long you said it'd take to get a reply, but a week should have been good I would think.

I'm good with just a yes or no, I'd just like to know, lol, your reasons are your own.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Asmodeous
Super Moderator
Garden Designer

Asmodeous has travelled far down Repute RoadAsmodeous has travelled far down Repute Road

Yeah, I'm curious too!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Azzer
Administrator
Garden Designer

Azzer has travelled far down Repute Road

Applications have been rejected on numerous grounds, ranging from "too many" of that staff, to concerns about the behaviour of those people past or present that might stem too deep to be resolvable, to complaints received from other users about those people, to the application itself not demonstrating what is being looked for in staff (the application questions were designed to help detect whether people wanted the roles for the "right reasons" etc.).

There's a lot of possible reasons for being rejected, and I felt that to go in to detail on each would, in some cases, require me to get altogether too "personal" with people - and I speak from past experience here - doing so is not a good thing, regardless of how many people may claim that they won't be offended or really want to hear the reasons.

Therefore I decided that the most professional thing to do was to issue a blanket "Thank you for your application, much time was put in to the decision, but you have not been accepted" type message to all applicants who did not get the roles they applied for.

I will not be giving any specifics on rejection reasons to any individuals, in public or in private.

I hope you understand the position I have had to take in this matter, and the reasons why I took that decision.

Nothing personal is intended in any rejection - and that is why I have kept the rejections neutral, because I've been in plenty of situations in the past where people did take things like this personally, and old friends that I refused prior positions have fallen out with me or other players over it etc.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
f0xx
Landscape Designer

f0xx has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer View Post
Applications have been rejected on numerous grounds, ranging from "too many" of that staff, to concerns about the behaviour of those people past or present that might stem too deep to be resolvable, to complaints received from other users about those people, to the application itself not demonstrating what is being looked for in staff (the application questions were designed to help detect whether people wanted the roles for the "right reasons" etc.).

There's a lot of possible reasons for being rejected, and I felt that to go in to detail on each would, in some cases, require me to get altogether too "personal" with people - and I speak from past experience here - doing so is not a good thing, regardless of how many people may claim that they won't be offended or really want to hear the reasons.

Therefore I decided that the most professional thing to do was to issue a blanket "Thank you for your application, much time was put in to the decision, but you have not been accepted" type message to all applicants who did not get the roles they applied for.

I will not be giving any specifics on rejection reasons to any individuals, in public or in private.

I hope you understand the position I have had to take in this matter, and the reasons why I took that decision.

Nothing personal is intended in any rejection - and that is why I have kept the rejections neutral, because I've been in plenty of situations in the past where people did take things like this personally, and old friends that I refused prior positions have fallen out with me or other players over it etc.
Ya, that is why I didn't apply, coz I knew you would reject me and then I would take it personally and then I will try to flame, you will ban... so on... ugly story.

Besides my ego is big enough already and I don't really need my name written in different color <3
Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

I understand the reasoning now that you've laid it out but that hardly makes it more palatable.

Congratulations to the new staff, enjoy your digs!

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
tomtree
Head Gardener

tomtree is an unknown quantity at this point

so who are the new staff? when do we find out? or if we already have, where can i see who they are?

Discworld FTW!
tomtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
Azzer
Administrator
Garden Designer

I'll be announcing the new staff once I've heard back from everybody who I've sent the acceptance PM's to, to make sure they still want the role and have "acknowledged" it before I go announcing their names in public!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
tomtree
Head Gardener

tomtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer View Post
I'll be announcing the new staff once I've heard back from everybody who I've sent the acceptance PM's to, to make sure they still want the role and have "acknowledged" it before I go announcing their names in public!
oh, ok, sounds good.

Discworld FTW!
tomtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #10
flameharvester
Head Gardener

flameharvester has started the journey down Repute Road
Red face Rejected applicants

Just want to say somethings.

People who applied to be Moderators or to fill in any other role shouldnt be to down about it, they need to realise that a rejection for these roles is not a permanant one. Eventually Azzer will need more people to fill these positions and from a Very large amount of personal experience the best way to insure you get the position next time is to step up and become involved In the community.

Follow the rules, Involve yourself in discussions and show Azzer your worthy of the position.
Remember this and dont worry to much about your rejections

Congradulations to those who recieved postions and better luck next time to those who didnt.
flameharvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
Iamsmart
Landscape Designer

Iamsmart has travelled far down Repute Road

Who needs to be an official helper when you can be an unofficial helper
Iamsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
Azzer
Administrator
Garden Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamsmart View Post
Who needs to be an official helper when you can be an unofficial helper
Definitely the spirit I like to see!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
flameharvester
Head Gardener

flameharvester has started the journey down Repute Road

Well said
flameharvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
atsanjose
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

atsanjose has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to atsanjose
Exclamation

posts about name colours have been split to new thread

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1807

I tried baking a pie on your flame, but it just wasn't hot enough.
atsanjose is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions